We had our official return to the house party. I think the biggest difference from our first party in the house (many years ago) was the sheer number (and volume!) of kids, pretty much all of them under 6. They, at least, seemed to have an excellent time, judging by the general noise level. There was bouncing on the trampoline in the basement, getting princess and fairy dresses out of the closet, pulling every toy off of the shelf... Ryan had a splendid time "cooking" in the kitchen and offering everyone teal. Alex broke out Candyland (fortunately, I was not invited to play...) The tunnel did not make an appearance this time, but the scooters did get rolled out a some point.
At some point Ian and Ryan (I think) made a bid for freedom. This was probably in response to the girls, who at some point appeared downstairs in their underwear, running around yelling "kiss my tummy!". I'm not sure what sparked this (other than that Kaitlyn, Molly, and Isabella always get a little wild together) but it did make for an interesting interlude in the festivities.
No comments:
Post a Comment