She's working on counting. She says "two potties" (the red and the black one), two bunnies (the little one and the big one), and she kind of counts when she puts her shapes on the pegs. Is a bit confused with one, two, three, but she gets the basic idea.
Her latest entertainment is naming our clothes. She points at stuff and says "mommy" or "daddy" depending on who it belongs to. We even get a couple "grandmas" sometimes. Actually, we get a lot of grandmas - especially when it comes to the high chair. She climbs into the chair (or tries to) then says "grandma push". She's got "shirt" and "pants" down. Likes labeling shoes, too, as well as slippers. Sometimes gets a bit upset when I take my sweatshirt off, or when I put shoes on and she thinks she doesn't get to go.
I picked up the mat and washed it this weekend. Isabella helped. First she helped bring pieces over. Then she had a grand time taking the pieces and swishing them around in a bucket of water.
Birdie was on the floor and Isabella got freaked out because she got too close to Isabella's shoes. She kept pointing and going "shoes, shoes!". Then birdie started to bounce up and down and Isabella said "bounce, bounce!".
We got the longest sentence yet - "All done with strawberries". I was cutting up strawberries this morning and said I'd pick her up when I was done. So, of course, when I was done, she put her arms up and let me know I was done. (All done is one of her favorite phrases, along with ayy-yeah!)
She's gotten very pushy - she grabs our pant legs and drags us around. She also comes up and hugs our legs when she doesn't want to go somewhere or she wants to say hello. There's been a lot more "mommy, mommy!" and screaming fits lately, especially when I try to leave or she's tired. If I explain where I'm going she usually calms down, but it's made nap and bed time a bit more challenging. I can't seem to get her to take a nap without her nursing, and sometimes not even then. She's also gotten very good at prevaricating. "Potty!" "Book!" "Mommy!" Anything to avoid having to go to sleep.
Some new words: Rhino, snake, frog, crocodile, panda, elephant (from her new books). I bought a bag of cereal with a panda picture on it and she pointed to it and said "panda". She recognizes some words from her music CD - doggie, grandma, car. She also knows splash (as in splash in the puddle in the back yard), bounce, bicycle, shovel, basket ball, zipper, squirrel, head, brush, hair, cheese, jam, window (she climbed up on the step stool to look out the window), clean (as in diaper), wet, hot, up and down (as in garage door or mommy and daddy climbing) , around and around, spin (she spins herself around), the ever-present "whee!" which can apply to slides and being spun through the air.
She's been very helpful in the garden. So far she hasn't pulled up too many plants... although it is rather difficult to weed while holding a baby in one arm (she wanted to be picked up). She likes to spin the sculpture outside, too. She helped put dirt from one place to another - not always in the right place. I was moving the plants outside and I had put the rosemary out and was going back for the bay leaf. She decided to "help" by picking up the poor rosemary by its leaves and carrying it back out of the garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment