Robert and Andrea wanted to go out to dinner on Friday night, so we said yes and went down the brewery, which has pretty good food and is very kid friendly and where we could sit outside. There was a baby in the table behind us (Isabella kept making googly eyes) and another one down the way, so we had plenty of company. Isabella's entertainment (primarily) was to take the pepper shaker and shake pepper out... on the menu, on the napkin, on everyone's arm, on the table... Then she stuck the shaker in the water and it didn't work so well, so she moved onto the salt shaker. She and Robert played catch with the napkin, which primarily consisted of Isabella throwing it and Robert giving it back.After dinner we, um, went around the corner to the pool hall. There's a local establishment with some bowling lanes, a bar, and a couple pool tables.


Isabella was fascinated with the bowling. There was a little boy there, around 4, who was also bowling. She watched, and watched, and eventually said "wanna try!" but we figured the balls weigh almost as much as she does...
She did help play pool. Swinging the pool cue was a favorite, as was playing chase around the pool tables. She also helped with getting the balls out of the pocket, and in a unique Isabella version of playing pool, Bill would roll a ball to her, she would grab it, then put it in the pocket. She was far better at that than I was!


We had a bit of a rough night on Thursday. I woke up to hear her crying, and not going back to sleep. So I went to get her, and she was just crying, so I picked her up. And found out that she smelled awful and her head was all wet. She'd thrown up in the crib (and quite a lot of it). So dad changed the sheets and stuff out while mom took a crying baby into the shower and tried to wash out all of the semi-digested food out of her hair. Blech. Eventually got her clean, got her in clean clothes, and tucked her into bed with us. Where she promptly went to sleep, after a couple "mommy/daddy" followed by a little hand patting the appropriate parent... She is such a bed hog though - by morning she had turned perpendicular and buried her feet in dad's ribs.
Whenever any one comes near me, but especially with small children, she grabs my leg and says "my mommy!" in very possessive tones. It's very cute.
In the irony department, on my first solo flight in 2 years, I had a woman with a 10 month old sitting beside me. But he was a very mellow little baby.
She's learned to "cut" apart her wooden fruit with a knife. She particularly likes the bread. The other thing she's learned to do is go get her foot stool, and bring it over to the counter to stand on and watch whenever I'm doing anything like making lunch. When I'm done, she takes it back. I only showed her how to do that once (I got the stool when I was making banana bread and she was fussing) but now she does it all the time.
Time for photo shoot. Days to seeing baby again: 6
No comments:
Post a Comment