Monday, August 4, 2008

Water baby




Pictures fixed!

Isabella is turning into a soggy water baby. Shower in the morning, pool in the afternoon, and back into the bath in the evening. She really likes the pool - wading around in the water up to her chin, "swimming" while mom hangs onto her. We went down to the zoo where they have jets of water in the ground. That was good for quite a bit of entertainment. Every time I wash something in the sink she wants to wash her hands as well. And we can't walk by a water fountain without a stop.

Her favorite book these days is her Fishy book. Although I think we go through almost every book we have several times a day. Even with the extra ones from the library.

Her favorite toys: Anything she can take out (and "mommy put back"). Pennies, pumpkin seeds, bath toys, almonds... She also likes the parrot toy where she can pour the shapes out and put them back in. She's been chopping up her wooden food as well. And taking puzzle pieces out so mom can put them back in again.

Her latest trick is climbing into chairs. She can climb up into her high chair by herself, and get into the regular chairs in order to reach the computer.

I dropped her off at daycare yesterday, and she was very clingy - hanging onto my clothes and demanding that "mommy watch" while she got her sunscreen on. So I explained to her that I had to go to work, and Courtney said "Let's go pick out a book". Isabella thought about it for a minute, then said "mommy go away, bye-bye mommy".

This morning on the bicycle ride in she insisted that I sing "Isabella on a bicycle". She's got the first line to Happy birthday, and can do "Shoe fly, don't bother me", and was happily singing parts of "The horn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep", along with arm motions. Now I just have to teach her to sing happy birthday to daddy...

No comments: