We went back to Milstadt's to pick out pumpkins, this time with Molly and family. Isabella perked up when Molly showed up. They rode the airplanes together, went on the tractor pull, and spun around in the big apples. Lots of holding hands, which is just too cute. Isabella kept sharing her water bottle with Molly, contributing to the disease vector. Isabella came down sick that night, which was a shame because it was Katie's birthday party. Isabella was so tired that she actually asked to go lie down. But she did have a good time, and keeps asking for the Katie's b-day party song at night, with the big (Hello Kitty) cake, the balloons (she's been playing with her pink one all week), and presents.
This is the big red spinny apple; I don't think Molly and Isabella were that thrilled with it, even though Nate and Jennifer did their best to not spin it much (I sat and fed Ian).
Isabella has been sick since Sun night - keeping herself (and us) up all night coughing. We've had her sleeping on us, either in the big blue chair or the poofy chairs, or with us (and thrashing around) since then. I think it's finally over - she slept until 10am this morning and isn't coughing much. We thought she was better Wed - took her to the doctor and no fever - but it came back. So back home she came. Ran into Michael's mother, also picking up a sick child.
Tried getting a baby sitter Monday to give me a hand, but Isabella would have nothing to do with her, and would cry if I was more than a foot away. So I've just been looking after both of them. Reading books, lots of looking at pictures, pretend building sand castles. She doesn't seem that sick most of the time... Monday afternoon she looked so bad I called Bill to take her to the doctor. Gave her some Tylenol. By the time he got home, she'd gone from being at death's door to her usual cheerful self. Despite being sick she's still helpful, getting the boppy pillow, throwing stuff away, fetching things.
This is one of the 56 photos she took with PhotoBooth. She's getting better about hitting single keys and can move the mouse around.
Her latest conversational topics are how big things are (she checks her height and weight almost every day - 3'1" tall and 32 lbs), how far away and how tall, names - both whole and first, can I have some candy, when's the trampoline going to get here, can I give Ian a pacifier. She likes to make up names for us. Bill was Bubba the other night.
She now combs her hair - we borrowed grandma's comb, can unbuckle and put on her shoes (can't buckle them) and can undress and dress herself except for buttons. The new clothes from Aunt Barb and Grandma are a hit - she willingly picks out different outfits now. Got her some size four organic cotton underwear, which she picked out online, and that's all she wants to wear now. Especially the striped ones.
Ian's reliably going to sleep between six and nine, waking up at 1, 3ish, and sixish, sometimes sleeping as late as 8. He spits up a lot more than Isabella, so I've been sitting in the chair and rocking him upright for a bit. Seems to help him sleep longer. Also, I can pop him off earlier and rock him the rest of the way to sleep instead of suffering through a bad latch and tossing and turning. And from over eating. Did lead to Isabella freaking out last night, though, because she couldn't find either of us (Bill was downstairs). The newborn diaper covers are already almost too small, as is the green one piece sleeper.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment