Thursday, October 8, 2009




We went down to the apple-picking place again. Isabella rode the airplane ride several times, a pony, and a camel. Mom rode the camel as well, which perhaps wasn't the best idea because camels have very bony backs. Isabella went up on the fort as well. She did really well, until she got to the top and got stuck. There was a big step at the top, and she got up it but with all the big kids tearing by she got scared, so I had to rescue her. She also thought the haunted house was pretty scary, especially the pop-up mouse.

She really liked the apple picking part, and of course ate an entire apple herself. Poor dad got stung by a bee.

Some funny things she's done: We're sitting at dinner and she suddenly starts to wail. We ask what's wrong, and after a few seconds she looks up and grins like crazy and laughs out loud. Gotcha!

One evening Bill took Ian and got him to sleep downstairs, so I had the entire evening with Isabella. Who was very excited - we read books in the chair and ate dinner. I'm not sure if it was the sugar or the fact that she had mom to herself, but she was so wired she didn't go to sleep. We'd done the puzzle, sang a few stories, and she wasn't in the least bit looking sleepy. So I told her I was going to get my PJs on, check on dad and Ian, then come upstairs and lay down with her. She was so excited that she said "I'll stand in the middle of the room and wait for you!" Which she did. And then took about an hour to stop kicking and tossing and turning. I'd just gotten to sleep when Ian woke up... so got him to sleep. In the morning, Bill took Ian again, and I'd just laid back down and in came Isabella... sigh.


She really likes it when I pick her up/drop her off. She tells everyone this is her mommy and this is her baby brother. The firemen came yesterday to the day care, and apparently Michael, one of the other kids, was scared. So Isabella put an arm around him and said "It's ok".

We had Rena over (along with some adults) to celebrate Bill's tenure. They actually played together for the first time, showing each other things and eating dinner together at the little table. They took just about every toy off the shelf, but they had a really good time.

She's been into names - she wants to know everyone's name. And she likes to mix them up - so I became Mommy Dudley, and she's Isabella Irkabitz (her mangled version of Hannah's last name).

Ian's still been pretty mellow. I got out to the climbing gym with Isabella and Chris, while Bill stayed with Ian. He took a bottle, so that's a good thing. He's still waking up pretty frequently at night, but mostly goes back to sleep. We've had some luck with pooping in the potty, which is a good thing because he pretty much explodes out of his diapers most of the time.

Last weekend we went to see the local high school parade with Molly (from daycare) and Lynn (her teacher from the old day care). Whatever Molly had, Isabella had to have too. If Molly's dad and mom were pushing her on the swing, she had to have mom and dad, too. They're funny together - usually neither of them will go running off, but when it's the two of them, they run and run and run.

Isabella is wearing 6mo pants because she had another accident (we've been having a lot of those) and mom forgot to pack Isabella-sized pants. Oops. Amazingly, they still fit around her bum.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Congrats to Bill on tenure! and hello Ian!