Spent the week at Cori's. Mom came up for part of the time; even saw Peggy and Gerry, who have now moved out there. It was a very quiet week. I didn't get outside as much as I would have liked to; partly the weather, partly the day just goes by so fast.
Isabella was fascinated by her cousins, especially when they just chatter on and on. She liked John's voice, too. She's gotten very good at grabbing things, including skin. She's also gotten very squirmy - she'll roll on her side to reach things. She also liked watching Casper-doggy, and Casper kept trying to lick her. Poor Casper had a big Elizabethan collar on most of the time, which meant he banged into things a lot. Especially my ankles when he was following me around.
Took Isabella out into the garden in her bouncy chair for a while. She seemed quite contented to play with her toys and watch things. She now has a bunch of new toys. Not only the giraffe and
octopus I bought, but also all of the toys that came with the two bouncy chairs. She really likes the fuzzy, small giraffes.
Night time ECing went very well - only two wet diapers the entire time. Day time went reasonably well. She would sit on the potty on the counter and play with the bear on the front, the mirror, or the shiny chrome faucet. Missed a poo or two, and she reacted to something I ate
and started doing poopy farts again. Could be eggs, could be OJ.
Had a very successful walk from Lithia park back to the house, although we made a wrong turn somewhere. Isabella happily peed and pooped in the woods, and came back dry. We missed the Alice and Wonderland trail and ended up walking on the road, instead. It would be nicer, I think, to start from there and not Lithia park.
We ended up with two bouncy chairs because the Amazon order didn't come through in time. Left one at Cori's for the beach house and visiting again. The nicer one we took home for the office.
She's developed some situational awareness. Everytime I went into the back room she would start to cry. I had an increasingly harder time getting her to sleep; she just kept screaming for longer and longer. And she won't nurse to sleep most of the time, now. At least most of the frantic wiggling seems to have gone away.
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment