
We've officially decided that she's sleeping through the night. Still had the occasional cry out in the middle of the night and we've had to go in and resettle, but basically she's sleeping from 7:30 to 6:30 or 7:30. Yay! Of course, I took advantage of this fact to do a last-minute paper deadline, so I've been sleep deprived anyways. But it's nice to be able to re-claim a couple hours in the evening.
She's become completely fascinated by shoes. Her shoes, our shoes. She actually managed to get Bill's old slippers on by herself and shuffle around a bit. Here she's trying out dad's big shoes, which were a bit hard to walk in. Apparently at day care she was going around and collecting kid's dropped shoes and returning them to their owners. I think we take her shoes on and off several dozen times a day.
Bill went on a trip to Alburquerque and worked out with a friend and so got out his white belt. Which looks quite fetching on our little martial artist. Although it was a bit challenging trying to get a photograph of her because as soon as she saw the camera she had to come visit. (And yes, her shirt is on backwards. We think.)Her vocabulary is increasing. She pretty reliably uses: crayon, strawberry, cracker, car, doggie, potty, pen, sticker, paper, mom's tea, bean, birdie, horsie, milk, juice, bin (as in garbage can), jacket, shoes, hat, eyes, nose, tummy, belly button, mouth, shovel, help me, diaper. I think she was working on sentences today - she was talking to herself and the pattern sounded like crayon draw paper. Among other things.
One of her favorite things to do in the evening is to push us over (yes, we are push overs) then put a diaper or cloth on us and spread it out nicely. Who knows. Revenge for having diapers changed? I have seen her put a diaper cover down, fold a diaper in, then sit on it and try to put her own diaper on. She's getting pretty good with clothes - she managed to get a foot through the two holes in her underwear this evening.It's finally getting nice out so we've been going outside - she really likes walking around. Will get her jacket and stand at the door and demand to go out. I've managed to get a bit of gardening done while she wanders around (I give her a shovel
and she pokes it in the ground a bit). Walked almost to the park the other day.
She's discovered the fun of stickers. Which was looking to be an expensive proposition until I remembered we have a whole drawer full of those address labels that various organizations keep sending us. Works just fine! She likes to peel them off and stick them to the paper, herself, and us. Hopefully she's learning that sticking them in hair is a bad thing... Speaking of hair, we've started using conditioner on her once or twice a week and she no longer looks like she's got dread locks.
She's pretty good now about sitting on the potty, although she still doesn't ask to go. I think she is staring to tell us "diaper" when she wants to be changed. Promptly followed by running away and saying "no!" when we try to actually take the diaper off... although if she really has to go, she's quite happy to hold still.
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment