Let's see, I (stupidly) decided it would be OK for Bill to go on to DC from Chicago and let me go home alone. We'd arranged to have Ann pick me up, so I'd have some help getting home. Isabella was very good on the last leg of the flight, although I thought for sure she'd fall asleep (no such luck). She did finally fall asleep in the backpack carrier waiting for the luggage.
Silly me, though, I forgot about the following several nights where she woke up three or four times the first night, a couple times the next night, and didn't really settle down into a regular sleeping pattern until after Bill came home. Ah well.

We played hooky last Monday and went climbing (outside) with Herman and Janice. It was three hours down and three hours back. She slept a lot of the ride down and had a really good time walking around. Herman and Janice have a dog, which Isabella was initially afraid of. But after a little while Isabella was getting annoyed when the dog wouldn't come when she called :).
At one point Herman made a sling out of some webbing and we put Isabella into it and let her swing (she did *ask* for swingies). She wasn't all that thrilled with it, maybe, but she didn't complain too much.
The next day Bill was suppose to pick her back up again. I get a call, though, in the evening, with "I'm an idiot" and Isabella in the background saying "no baby car seat - uh oh!". So I had to bicycle her home.
She's started using her name, now, and not just "baby". And she's discovered "want". We're getting pretty complete sentences - "Baby put bunny in laundry basket". And, of course, more ordering around. "Munchies _first_". And she's repeating everything back again.
For the 4th we had some friends over. Kurt brought his two daughters, and we had promised blue fishie pool, so we got it out. Only to find out that some squirrels had gotten a hold of it at some point. We managed to blow it up, sort of, and put some water in it. Isabella thought it was wonderful - she sat and splashed in it for quite a while.
Bill got a new toy that plays video. He put on a video of a robot dog, and Isabella looked at and said "doggie", "big doggie".
No comments:
Post a Comment