Mom came to rescue us, and give Bill a chance to get some work done. We've been going on a daily walk with Isabella in the sling to get her to take a nap in the afternoon. She's starting to fall asleep pretty quickly in it, and not scream so much when I first put her in. The trick is to make sure she has a clean diaper, and put the sling on before I slide her in so I don't accidentally bump her head into the rings. I may end up getting lots of housework done - she only sleeps if she's in the sling and it's moving!
Start doing better, at least during the day. Sleeps some, and has happy awake baby times. First smiles! I think she grew an inch - she doesn't really fit in her clothes now.
Went for a walk with Isabella down to the shopping center (I wanted a haircut) with her in the stroller. We did splendidly until we got there, then she went ballistic. I stuffed a finger in her mouth and got her into the book store, which has a restroom, and changed her. Bill spent my haircut walking on the grass verge getting her to sleep. Ended up carrying her home.
Discovered the joy of white noise - walked down to the crepe place for lunch (crowded and noisy) before mom left and she slept through lunch. I still have to eat with one hand because her head keeps flopping over when she falls asleep.
Managed to do a few puzzles. One handed and minimal reach really slows me down! Starting to figure out how to get her in the sling with minimal fuss and do some housework (can't sit down or she won't sleep).
Started this natural infant hygiene thing with mixed results. I have a fair amount of luck getting her to pee, but mostly by seeing if she has to go fairly frequently. It's also difficult because she often poops a bit when passing gas, which she does a lot.
Monday, January 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment