Thursday, August 9, 2007

At Siggraph

Brief update - we are tootling around Siggraph, smiling at everyone around. Bill's getting nothing done, but so far Isabella's been holding up well with dad as baby sitter. She got to play with Zoe again, and visit with many of my friends. She has decided, however, that she wants to be on the ground and crawling around rather than being carried. I'm just hoping the conference floor isn't too dirty...

I couldn't resist adding a second picture of Zoe and Isabella in. They are so cute together, although Zoe clearly has the edge since she's mobile. The conference badge folks gave us an extra laser button thing and the two of them kept passing it back and forth. Isabella almost has the concept - she'll give you something when asked, but doesn't always let go of it.

She is, officially, crawling, although only when absolutely necessary. She has an amazingly long reach which she uses to get things and then go back to sitting. She's also working on standing up - she's pulled herself up to standing a couple of times using the stroller. Here she is in the hotel room headed towards the stroller.

The flight went pretty well, much better than last time. The key is... crackers! Kept her entertained for at least an hour. Although they're going to need a steam cleaner to clean up the airplane where we were sitting. We shipped the car seat in order to take the 3 mile cab ride from the airport to the hotel...

They're harassing people about not having badges. Fortunately, I have friends who have free exhibitor passes so they got Bill one - I'm going to see if I can find Sara and get another one for Isabella.

We ate out a lot and got a great deal of use out of our new rubber mat. It unrolls and has suction cups to keep it stuck to the table. It also doubles as a chew toy... Here we are at Buster's trying to keep her entertained. She ate a lot of new things - curry, mango, different types of breads, naan... some of the restaurants were better than others at bringing her snack things before the food came out. She managed to knock over one water glass on top of me. She also chewed on a lot of spoons and straws.

She's been sleeping pretty well; still waking up every couple hours, but only for a few minutes. I've been peeing her in the middle of the night because otherwise she keeps thrashing around - she's been dry for 5 hours or so, though, which is pretty good. She's been waking up at 6:30, which has ensured I've gotten to the conference in time. Although this morning she wasn't really awake by 8 and was very unhappy when I left. Of course, this is the only day where I have to be in for the first session. Sigh.

No comments: