
Going back packing. Notice the shoes - she put them on *herself* by wedging them into the corner in the stair landing, then hanging onto the window ledge and pushing her toes in. First time she did this I thought daddy had helped - I'd gone upstairs to take a shower and she had followed, crying "mommy put Isabella shoes on". After a few minutes she'd quieted down, so I figured dad had gone downstairs to help her put them on. Nope, dad never got out of bed - she trotted into the shower five or ten minutes later with the plastic horses (retrieved from the other bedroom) with shoes on backwards. I did think it odd that dad had put them on backwards... Later I actually heard her say "Isabella put shoes on" and followed her. That's when I discovered how she did it. She also managed to get the backpack on herself, mostly.

Helping mom with laundry is another favorite. In this case, she helped me carry the basket upstairs by going *backwards*, hanging onto the rail with one hand and the laundry basket with the other. (As an aside, she can now reach the light switches at the top of the stairs and takes great delight in turning them on and off.) Of course, once we got upstairs, I turned my back for a few minutes to put some dishes in the dish washer, and she "helped" me unpack all of the laundry. Sigh.

This is at the lockers at the gym. She loves to crawl into them, then have mommy shut the door so she can hide, then kick the door open and say "peek-a-boo!". We startled some poor soul who hadn't seen her get in the locker - just all of a sudden, bam! door slams open... She was also heard to say (at home, with both hands on the wall and one foot up on the wall) "Isabella go climbing!". She also gets out the bird's ladder and says "Isabella climb!" and gets the sun and moon toy and says "Got suitcase. Bye-bye!". Jumping up and down, and off of, the big crash pads is also a favorite, as is swinging the ropes.

"Mommy go get the camera", "Isabella take picture", "cheese!" are also favorites. The routine is to say "go downstairs, play lego", at which point she goes to the top of the stairs, turns the lights on, then heads down the stairs. We build towers for awhile - she's actually made a stack pretty much by herself (I handed her pieces and pushed some in place) that was almost as tall as she was. Then she plays with the remote controls and turns all the knobs on the stereo. Then she gets the cup with the brushes and beads in it, and dumps all of the beads on the floor and plays with the brushes, sticking them in her toes and pushing the beads around with the brushes. Usually followed by throwing handfuls of beads. Eventually, she asks for the camera (which we had in the basement for awhile). And at some point she might also ask to go in the bouncy chair and for the toys to be put up so she can kick them.

Here she lay down and said "Isabella sleeping". Other must-do's are getting out the (washable) crayons and drawing on herself or mom or dad, whomever's closest. She at least asks "Isabella draw on table?" before she does, so we can say "no". Her other latest fun game is to play peek-a-boo while sitting on the potty, which means putting one of the scarfs over her head. Not such a bad game, except she wants mom to hide in there too (hiding from daddy). Good thing mom's sick and has a stuffed up nose... Hiding behind the glass French doors in the dining room is another favorite. Not a terribly effective hiding place, though.
We've moved into a new room at day care - a 2 yr old room, 6 kids, I think all of them slightly older than Isabella. Mostly the transition has been good - they took her over for longer and longer periods from her old room. But she's been a bit of a velcro child this last week, which has led to lots of tears when I drop her off. Today she broke into wailing and just wouldn't stop - I finally just had to leave. I think she's still not feeling well (Bill's been out most of the last couple days with this thing) and maybe not so happy with the move to full-time day care.
No comments:
Post a Comment