Someone really likes bubbles, it being one of her vocabulary words. We covered the floor in soapy popped bubbles - she kept chasing them around trying to get them to land in her mouth. Much giggling to be had.She fetched my shoes for me - I was sitting on the floor and asked her to get mommy's shoe - and she did! Then I said, "Can I have the other one?" - and she went and got the other one!
Had a bit of a fever on Monday, so much that they didn't give her the next round of immunizations. She's 30.4 inches long and just over 20 pounds, which makes her a long, skinny baby.
Lots of fussing this week, partly because I was working most of Saturday, then put her into day care on monday, but also because she's been ill off and on, and cutting a new tooth. Now has three on the bottom.Not sleeping well, either - up every hour and a half. Half the time she puts herself back to sleep, the rest of the time she wants to nurse. She woke me up at 2, screaming and thrashing. She quieted down a bit, then made the most pathetic face, tugged my shirt and said "more". So I caved in. Still took her another 45 min to go back to sleep. I don't know if she's reverse cycling, or just would rather nurse lots rather than eat real food (she hasn't been eating well, either).
Lots of people have been sending us stuff. Maybe they'll send us another baby...Ann came and gave me a hand with packing this evening. Ug. Paper dead line plus flying by self next day is a really sucky combination.
Went to the engineering school party Tuesday night. Wasn't much fun - in a long, narrow concrete room, so lots of people standing and not much space for baby and noisy. Kurt had his two girls there, though, and they both had to check out the baby.
Off to bed, since I have to leave early tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment