Tuesday night she slept until 5:30am (with a bit of help from dad). But now it's back to up every 2-3 hours. Sigh. At least she wasn't thrashing around as much last night as she was before.
For a couple mornings she would nurse and go back to sleep for half an hour, which gave me time to take a shower and put the laundry away. But that seems to have gone away again as well.
I've also started giving her some cereal in the morning while I eat. Since she sits and grabs at my bowl and gets upset if she can't have some, I figure she might as well have some. I still find myself trying to eat as fast as possible, though, even though she's plenty well occupied...
Friday we went into work for a while. Except for the fact that she (as usual) didn't want to sleep, she did pretty well. Although it's a bit challenging to try to talk math with a kid who's turning herself sideways in your lap. She did play a tiny bit with her toys in her chair, but didn't seem really keen on it. Unlike at home, where I've been able to have her sit at my feet and play for 20 minute stretches. After which she usually wants attention for 40 minutes, but hey, it's a start.

Food-wise she's chowing down on everything in sight. She likes to pick up food by herself, although she'll also grab my hand and direct food into her mouth. Same with the drinking glass. Given that I've usually just nursed her, she certainly seems hungry! I don't know if it's the entertainment or the novelty, but we haven't found anything she didn't like yet. We had rice, potato, and grapes (and a bit of apple pie) tonight. She had fun chasing the rice grains around on her tray. She didn't have much difficulty getting them in her mouth - she sort of holds them in her fist, then puts her entire fist in her mouth and kind of rolls it open - but a lot of it did end up on the floor. We need a dog...
Our evening routine, which we're trying to establish, is to have dinner at 6:30 and then a bath and then a walk (or whatever it takes) to get her to fall asleep. We'll see if it helps.Saturday we went to a couple garage sales where we found nothing to buy, although it was all really cheap. I went to the market while Bill took her back, since she'd fallen asleep and the weather was getting nasty-hot, and I didn't want her to get sunburned. Saturday evening we went to Robert and Andrea's cheese party. Isabella did very well - we lasted until 9pm, with almost no fussing. She had fun chewing on bread, crackers, my glass... She went out on the ride home, but unfortunately didn't stay out - woke up at 11:30. She also didn't pee for 5 hours (!@!) so I think we need to start giving her more water.
One bad side effect of this solid food thing is her poo is, well, looking like poo. She had her first truly solid poop this afternoon. Unfortunately, I missed the earlier one because I just got tired of her not going (she went for 2 days with no poop!) so I didn't put her on, despite her doing the pop on and off, won't go to sleep business. You'd think I'd learn, wouldn't you? That's how I missed the last one, too.
She's still not thrilled with tummy time, but she's wriggling herself all over the place. She really likes to drape herself over legs, shoulders, arms. She'll tip herself sideways while you're holding her, or in the sling. I think she may end up crawling by moving out of a sit, and not the other way around. I've had her turn 90 degrees while in bed or on the floor, and she's turned herself on her stomach by accident.She napped for nearly three hours today while I was down at the gym. Guess she was tired after her first poop :). She's asleep now, so I think it's time to call it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment