Started day care this week. Tuesday we went down with Isabella for three hours. She mostly wanted to watch the other babies and the people, not play with toys. We tried getting her to sleep, but not much luck. She fell asleep nursing, but when we tried to move her to the crib she woke up. So she was wired most of the rest of the day. But the people down there are very nice, and the other babies are about her age, so I think she liked it.
On Thursday we did our first full day. I went down to nurse twice - she got fussy before I got down there, I think mostly because she was tired, not hungry. She fell asleep nursing the first time, but woke up when we tried to move her. They did get her to sleep for a few minutes, but basically no long naps. So that may be a bit of a challenge. But I think she really likes it there - she didn't even notice when I left! I put her on the potty, then put her down on the floor, by the time I came back, she was playing and not missing me. Sniff.
She's back to not sleeping very well at night - up every couple hours and it's been very hard to get her to go to sleep. Poor Bill on Sunday night - he got her to sleep just it time for the fireworks to go off and wake her back up again. She's also been going to sleep later - more like 8:30 or 9 instead of 7:30. Today she had a really long nap in the morning (took me 1/2 an hour to get her to sleep) but then slept for over two hours (along with dad). But then she didn't sleep at all for the rest of the day, although she seemed cheerful enough. Also meant she didn't eat for over four hours, but she didn't seem really hungry when I got back, so who knows.
We went out to dinner tonight at Barcelona. She did very well - sat in dad's lap and ate bread and potatoes. No fussing, although the water glasses were in danger again. It was a very small table. The waitress had a four month old, and was envious of Isabella eating solids. Well, sort of eating. And she didn't pee while we were out - that's an hour and a half. I suspect the constant drooling and the warmer weather helps.
I've been doing some cereal for breakfast in the morning. She can actually hold a spoon and get it into her mouth, at least sometimes. It's a lot easier to give her something to eat in the high chair then to try to eat with her grabbing at the bowl.
Been trying out our new clothes. Did a really fluffy dress today, which was cute but kinda went everywhere.
Went down and knocked on Wendy's door and went for a short walk. Rena is sooo small! But looking more organized and people-like.
She was very vocal at the climbing gym on Wednesday. Probably because she was a bit over-tired.
Friday, June 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment