My child is a vacuum cleaner. She scarfed down as much of our crepes this morning as she could get us to give her. Piece after piece just kept disappearing into her mouth... and this evening it was strawberries, watermelon, salmon... after nursing!
We were suppose to go to our music class this morning but I got the date wrong, so we went out for crepes instead. Ooops. Had a pretty mellow day - she sat at my feet and played for a fair while, which let me do some work. She's peeing only every hour or so, which on the one hand is nice, because we're not running to the potty constantly, but on the other hand her signals have gone and I keep putting her on when she doesn't need to go. She's actually routinely going for more than an hour without peeing, which I think may actually be not getting enough liquid. What with it being so hot and all.
I'm afraid all of these solids are making her poop nastier. Although she's pooping less frequently, which is nice.
Day care on Tuesday was a bit of a mess. She was screaming when I left her both times :(. They're having trouble getting her to sleep, so she keeps melting down. So we had a "parent teacher" conference to try to find some more options, like bringing in a pacifier and some frozen milk, a different blanket and a mom-smelling shirt. I don't know how much it's going to help. There's just so much noise going on that she won't go to sleep. But they had some luck with letting her sleep in the bouncy chair, looking out the window...
... and they're completely against the potty thing, supposedly because of health regs. But I think they're fairly main-stream there. I got the usual warnings about letting her co-sleep (oh no, you'll be doing it forever!) and rice cereal (like that's going to help her sleep). Ah well, they're still really good, and I think she really enjoys the interaction, minus the fact that she isn't sleeping. I also think part of her problem was she needed to poop and wasn't being given an opportunity. I tried at 11am but she wasn't ready yet. And we kinda rushed her out the door.
On the plus side, she slept (with some coaxing from Bill) until 5:30am! Hopefully this will help rotate her schedule back a bit. She actually went back to sleep for half an hour or so, which let me get up and have a shower. We managed to get her down for two naps today, but she's gone out for another walk because she won't calm down. Fingers crossed, she'll fall asleep soon.
We're going to try (again) to be a bit more regular in our schedule. 6:30 dinner, a bath, then to bed. A nap around 9 and another one around 2. We'll see if it helps.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment