Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend June 10


Since it was probably the last nice weekend of the summer we went to Pickle Creek on Saturday. Nearly two hours down in order to do a 2 mile walk, but there you go. We wanted to try out the backpack carrier as well. She's still a bit small for it, but she seemed to like it, as long as it isn't cinched too tight.

She slept most of the way down, and part of the way back as well. She even fell asleep in the carrier. So more sleep than usual.

Pickle creek has some fun rock formations. We tried to get a baby rock climbing picture, but they didn't come out very well. She really liked the little waterfall - probably amazed that this white noise cd had a visual component.

There was someone else with a baby carrier and a 13 month old. The babies waved at each other.

I fed Isabella some strawberries - she nearly sucked my entire hand into her mouth. I had a hard time keeping the tops from being swallowed. I think she sucked down a half dozen, plus some watermelon. Although the watermelon made a re-visit appearance, along with some breast milk.

Sunday morning we had a bit of breakfast. I have to share now, or she gets mad and grabs at the bowl. I can actually put some cereal on her spoon and give her the spoon and she gets it in her mouth. Most of the time.

I went down to the climbing gym by myself because she was asleep, although apparently she woke up just as I left. I hear that she was very vocal and clingy while I was gone. I came home and said hello, went to wash my hands, and there was some serious howling. Oops. But then she sat at my feet (after nursing) and played for awhile. Then took another, long nap.

We went down to the park in the evening and tried out the swing, which would fit two of her. She also got to "play" with a little boy (nearly took his eye out).

For dinner she managed to pick up some corn kernels and even had a bit of blueberry pie. She's now asleep in my lap.

Oh yeah, I got peed on big time. She was dry after our trip to the park (an hour and 45 minutes!) and I was feeling so pleased that I didn't check to see if she wanted to pee after nursing.

No comments: