Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June 20th

Tuesday at day care went pretty well. She cried when we left, of course, but I gather it lasted basically until we were out of ear shot. Of course, I come in at 2:30 and every other baby is asleep *except* Isabella. But it doesn't seem to bother her too much.

(Warning: Too much information) We had a monster big poo on Tuesday. She was a bit dirty when I took her down to the bathroom after nursing - and if you've ever tried to get a dirty diaper off of a squirming baby while holding said baby and not end up wearing most of it... Anyways, I managed to get it off and get her bum washed off in the sink (the grape peels were more or less intact) then held her over the toilet. Wow. Adult-shaped poo and nearly a fist-sized pile of it. I hear rumors that the rice cereal is to blame for constipation (nearly two days, no poo).

Isabella has figured out who the sucker in the family is. Usually Bill takes her for a walk in the stroller in the evening. He was tired Monday night so I thought I'd take a turn. Instant screaming. So I ended up walking and nursing her to sleep instead. Last night we thought we'd try going for a walk together. Sure enough, a few minutes from the house she started wailing and arching backward, looking at me. Sucker here caved in and picked her up, at which point she acquired a big, s-eating grin. Sigh. But at least I got some ice cream! Even if Bill had to feed it to me because my arms were full.

Her high chair has this built in toy that's almost as big as she is. In order to see us she has to peer around the side. It does keep her entertained long enough to get food on the table, though.

Our morning routine has become wake up, nurse, pee, play and nurse, pee some more, then get up and have breakfast. This morning she successfully snagged a strawberry from my bowl. There wasn't much left of it by the time she was done!

No comments: