Sunday, July 8, 2007

July 8th

I tried to get some pictures of Isabella playing in her ducky bathtub, but they didn't really come out very well. I laughed when I got one at the baby shower, but Isabella *loves* it - she splashes and flings herself around, she can turn herself all the way around, bangs at the duck's head... She's become completely fearless about moving around in it.

She's been sleeping better, I think in part because her two top teeth are now officially "in". I think she's made it at least until 4am for the last 4-5 days. She makes up for not nursing at night though - about 45 minutes when Bill brings her upstairs and then another hour, off and on, when she gets close to waking up for good.

We held a we-lost-the-colonies bbque on the 4th, and despite emailing folks the night before had a whole house full of people (the house is clean now! yay!) Isabella had a grand old time - going shopping, kids running around to watch, lots of people to play with. She crashed at 8pm and slept until 6am !! and then slept another 3 hours in the morning. She went back out again Thursday night, splat. I think she's inherited her dad's ability to go, go go, no sleep, then splat, sleep for two days. Which may not be a good thing...

On Friday I went to lunch with Wendy and Rena at the Crepe place. Tia decided that Wendy was wonderful, and nearly stumbled over herself trying to say hello, so I held Rena (two months old) for a little while Tia visited. Rena seems so light after toting around my little well-fed chubby one! And a floppy head. I don't ever remember Isabella's head being that floppy. Isabella fell asleep on the stroller ride home, but only stayed asleep for about twenty minutes.

Friday night we went to dinner with Ann and James at Barcelona, the local Tapas bar. Isabella did very well - munched on bread sticks and played with Ann. Didn't seem that interested in eating, for a change. She must have recovered a little bit, because she didn't go to sleep until sometime after 9:30pm.

Her favorite toy this week is the plastic tiger that attaches to the high chair. It has a cord that she can hang onto and bang the tiger around.

Getting closer to crawling - she pretty routinely rocks herself forward onto her hands and tummy. She'll hang out there awhile without getting upset. She still doesn't seem inclined to try to reach toys that are way out of her grasp. She reaches out, and if they're beyond what she can reach, she loses interest.

We did a little better on catches - I missed a nasty one on July the 4th because I (stupidly) didn't put her on the potty after nursing. But we got the one Friday and Saturday - actually, we went the entire day Saturday without a miss! She actually woke up dry after a 2 hour nap.

No comments: