Monday, July 9, 2007


We've been having a velcro child day today. I feel like a human climbing gym. She hasn't wanted to sit on the floor (much) and basically wants mom to carry her around so she can look at stuff. Lots of fussing while trying to sleep, too. I'd have her sit on my lap, but clearly the keyboard is irresistible. As is anything else I'm hanging onto. As is food. She had a bit of my sandwich because otherwise she would have ripped it out of my hand.

She also wasn't sleeping much today - just a couple of short naps. We kept trying to get her to sleep, but I think we got almost as much screaming as sleep. Although she didn't really seem that tired, just very, very fussy. Don't know if it was the teeth (the two top ones are definitely in, but she seems to be drooling a lot, so maybe there are others coming in) or her tummy. We had one nasty poop that we missed entirely. She was sitting on the play mat and fussed, so I picked her up, then put her back down again because I was busy. Should have nursed and done the potty instead... And I just washed that play mat! We did catch the one in the evening, in which most of the meals for the day were visible, and she seemed much happier after that, so maybe it was just tummy troubles.

She got to touch the birdy's tail today, although only accidentally - dad wasn't paying quite enough attention. She loves to watch the bird, and I think Tia actually watches her back.

She actually made it from her tummy back to sitting today! Well, she had a teeny, tiny bit of a helping hand, but she got her knees under her and pushed back and rolled over her legs. Just kinda needed a hand to push off to get all the way back up.

Dad had her standing holding onto the table today, all by herself, as well. She hasn't wanted to be on her tummy much today (which also makes me think tummy trouble) but she kept ending up there while reaching for toys.

She's started grabbing onto me with both hands, arms around my shoulders, and burying her head in my shoulder when dad comes to take her. Kind of sweet, but also a bit distressing.

Grandparents arrive shortly. Hopefully she isn't starting a stranger anxiety, mommy only phase!
We've had an entire week of sleeping through the night, for some definition of through the night. We'll see if it lasts tonight... I still feel tired, though, because I've been staying up working and I keep waking up early, and she doesn't always go back to sleep in the morning. Oh well.

She's also started to get a sense of 3D - she's looking around things. It's very cute, she keeps peering around furniture and shoulders.

Dad was trying to get her to sleep in the chair, doing the usual of rocking the chair with his foot while lying back in the chair. Only to find that Isabella had leaned all the way forward and grabbed his ankle and was shaking it! We may not be able to use the chair much longer...

We now officially have another roll of fat on her chubby thighs. And she's feeling very solid around the middle.

No comments: