Ok, I'm a bit behind - paper deadline. Anyways, we went off to visit grandma. I was all set on the flight out - sitting in first class, no one beside me, no one in front... until Isabella emptied the contents of her tummy (one cup of milk plus cereal) all over the two of us. After time spent in the lav washing everything off (soda, at the suggestion of the flight attendant), I sat back down again, only to have her do it again. At least I caught most of the second one in some napkins. Sigh. So we are now the proud owners of some Arizona clothing. I found a yellow tank top which worked as a dress for her, over a slightly too large 4yr old T-shirt. Fortunately, once she had done that, she was a happy baby again, and the rest of the flight went well.She really liked Julie, their youngest daughter. Wanted to know where she was every morning and followed her around. Isabella also liked her little booster seat at the end of the table in the kitchen window. We watched a little bit of Winnie the Pooh on DVD one night. We got lots of dancing and "Owl!" until she lost interest.
We spent a lot of time upstairs at Grandma's. Not a whole lot of room, but there was a giant zebra to bounce on, little wind up cars, and Grandma's computer. Turns out Isabella really likes sitting in Grandma's lap looking at pictures. And checking out Grandma's belly button.
We went down to the Discovery museum with Malia. Isabella checked out the hula hoops, doing better than the rest of us. She also liked the bubbles in the bubble machine and the sand in the play area. But the biggest hit was the tube that sucked up plastic balls and shot them up through the air.
We also went to a little zoo in Palo Alto that I remember from when I was a child, along with K&S and Julie. She got to see a real owl, plus some bunnies, and some bob cats.
We made several trips down to the park to play in the sand and go down slides. We'd make sand castles and Isabella would step on them. She also figured out how to climb up a chain link net all by herself.
I'm definitely a second class citizen when Grandma's around :). Kind of nice to be ignored for a change!
No comments:
Post a Comment